Do I have to pay if I listen to music on my phone or other device?

The private copying fee concerns storing music on a device. When you store music for private use, you often pay private copying fees when you buy a phone or tablet. If you are the only one listening to the music or if you stream music, this is considered private use. A music licence is not necessary. But if you play the music in a public space, where more people can listen, then you do need a licence. This is not the covered by the private copying levy.

More about the private copying levy.