How do I amend my exploitation agreement?

Do you want to transfer your exploitation rights for a specific country or continent to another music collection society? Then you can change your agreement with Buma and/or Stemra.

For instance, if you want to join a collection society for the United States, but for the rest of the world you want to remain a member of BumaStemra. Submit a request to us, and we’ll remove the United States from your agreement with BumaStemra.

You can change an exploitation agreement per year, with at least three months’ notice. For example, if you want to change your membership from 30 September, then your agreement will be amended with effect from 1 January of the following year. As of this date, you can join the collection society in the United States. Please specify that you only want to become a member for that country.

Do you want to exclude copyrights for a specific category? Since June 2014, this can be done through the opt-out system for the following categories: Events, RTV, Background music, Mechanical and Online. A minimum notice period of three months applies for this too.

To amend your membership, please use the copyright exploitation amendment form.