How does it work if I want to record my music on DVD or CD?

The Stemra part of BumaStemra looks after the reproduction and recording of music. You need permission from Stemra when you want to record music on image or sound carriers such as DVDs or CDs. Creators of image and sound carriers include record companies, importers, broadcasters, background music producers and advertising agencies. Organisations that create promotional materials in the form of an image or sound carrier must also pay a fee.

The higher the commercial value, the higher the remuneration we pay to the composers, songwriters and publishers. We determine the commercial value based on the number of print runs and the distribution area.