My music has been used in different countries. Do I have to join the copyright organisations in those countries too?

No, you don’t have to do this. It is useful to let us know that your music is used internationally if you know this in advance. We have several international sister societies. They keep track of music use in their territory and arrange the associated payments with us. As soon as you let us know that your musical work is being used outside the Netherlands we’ll contact these organisations directly so you can receive your remuneration as soon as possible.

Please note: the international process can take one to two years. The sooner you register your work with us, the sooner you’ll be paid.