My music has been used in various countries. Do I need to join the copyright organisations in those countries too?

No, you don’t need to do this. It is useful to let BumaStemra know that your music will be used overseas if you know this in advance. We work with international sister societies. They keep track of what music is used and pay us directly for the use. As soon as we know that your musical work will be used internationally, we’ll contact the relevant society. This ensures you get your payment as soon as possible.

Please note that this process may take up to two years. The sooner your work is registered with us, the better.