The venue hosting my event already has an agreement with BumaStemra, do I still have to pay BumaStemra?

It depends on what kind of agreement the venue has. If you’re organising a performance in a restaurant or bar, the venue may already have a licence for background music. But a performance constitutes entertainment music, so this needs a different licence. There are a variety of licences available. Check the licence guide for all options.