Using music in public spaces

Licentie Using music in public spaces

Music is a valuable asset for your business, enhancing the overall customer experience, boosting sales, creating the right ambiance, and increasing productivity. If your organization plays music that’s audible to customers or employees, it’s almost certain that you’ll need a music license.

We determine the cost of this license based on the area where the music is played, whether it’s indoors or outdoors, such as on a terrace.

To apply for a license, you can do so through SCAN – the Service Center for Authors’ and Neighboring Rights.

Why do I need a licence?

BumaStemra is committed to a sustainable music indstury, where music creators are rewarded fairly. For the already established creators to those who are on their way to becoming big names. In this way, we work together to cultivate the open and innovative music culture for which the Netherlands is renowned.

Music whenever and wherever, no fuss. Whatever music you choose, a licence from BumaStemra gives you unlimited use of music from the Netherlands and around the world.  We’ll help you get the licence that suits your needs. As a non-profit organisation, we make sure music creators get paid for their songs, so you can focus 100% on your business.

Good for music creators, good for your business.