Using music on sound carriers

Licentie Using music on sound carriers

Music whenever and wherever, no fuss. Whatever music you choose, a licence from BumaStemra gives you unlimited use of music from the Netherlands and around the world.  We’ll help you get the licence that suits your needs. As a non-profit organisation, we make sure music creators get paid for their songs, so you can focus 100% on your business.

For the pressing of music on pysical formats such as CDs, DVDs and Vinyl, you need a licence from BumaStemra. The fee depends on what product you are using, the length of the recording and the price at which it’s sold.


Are you a manufacturer of CDs, DVDs, and vinyl records? Do you produce them for record labels, video distributors, or other creators of in-house productions? Then you need a license for the production of such audio and visual media: a manufacturing agreement.

You can us for more information via

Record labels

Are you a record label who releases music on physical products, you might be eligible for a BIEM contract.

Do you want to qualify for a BIEM contract? Then these conditions apply:

  1. You establish a minimum turnover.
  2. You make monthly advance payments.
  3. Your administration complies with Stemra’s rules.

You can contact us for more information via

In-house productions

Have you written your own songs or edited music created by others? And do you want to release those productions, for example, on a CD? Then you must first arrange permission. This applies even if it’s your own music or music that is no longer under copyright, such as classical works, for example.

You can contact us for more information via