I want to play music in public. Can I just go ahead?

You need permission to play music in public, for example in a shop, café or office. The same applies if you want to use music for a radio or TV programme. Or during a concert or theatre performance. To play music in public, you always need to ask permission from the music creators. But instead of asking all creators individually for permission, you can do it through BumaStemra. You receive a licence so that you can play music legally. With the money from the licences we issue, we pay music creators fairly for their work.

Read more about licensing.